Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Vision from Afar

A little while ago, someone suggested a link (for here) to a live webcam broadcast of exposition of the Blessed Sacrament.  I was astonished that such a thing exists!

I had just been thinking that a "chapel" is no such thing without the Blessed Sacrament.  So I put a link on here to the webcam feed, and that can be found on a page on the sidebar to our right.

And then I realized.  I was doing this in the wee hours of the morning on the feast of St. Clare of Assisi.  

St. Clare is the patroness of television. 

St. Clare was named as such by St. Pius XII in 1958, after he realized that television is Greek for "vision from afar."  It seems that one Christmas Eve, St. Clare was too sick to leave her bed to attend Mass.  She prayed, "See, Lord, I am left here alone."  Just then, God granted Clare a miraculous vision in which she was able to see Mass from afar, as it were happening right in her own bedroom.

I will now go spend some time praying as I look at the webcam "vision from afar."  And as I do so, I shall trust in the intercession of St. Clare.  

May God be glorified in this little corner of the Internet.